Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Clouds and Bloom



Overcast and breezy today - high of 57 and even now, right after a rain band swept through, it is 50. Before the latest rain band, the sun broke through some of the clouds and I was able to snap a few pictures. Darn breeze made it hard to hold the camera still. One of these days, I'm going to get a camera tripod.

The rhoddy is blooming and smells fantabulous with a heavy perfume the wind blows away. There are a couple of eagle nests, one in the tallest tree on the other side of the fish hatchery cove and I think there may be one in the big cedar that frames the right side of many of my photographs. The apple trees are in full bloom and there is a lot of new growth on the roses. There are buds on some plants that I have not identified yet.

I'm sneezing, blowing my nose, and think I have a slight cold. Either that or I am allergic to something blooming now. I like to think it is a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment