Thursday, July 27, 2006

Return Of The Fog, Part II

Slept like a baby for 14 hours last night. Low temp was 54 degrees, perfect sleeping weather. Just enough for a light blanket with the windows open.

Won't say that I woke up this morning feeling fine - like that is ever gonna happen. Nothing is fine until I get my morning cup of coffee, thank you very much. But today was a good day. Just took fillo blueberry turnovers out of the oven. Am turning into quite a baker, if I do say so myself. Plump organic blueberries from the local market, where I also picked up the fillo. Thickened up a homemade blackberry-blueberry sauce I made Tue night and then placed a finger-scoop of blueberries on top.

I had picked the blackberries off the bush between my cabin and The Pink House (yes, that is its name for obvious reasons). B-man was kind enough Monday to head down to the creek and river banks and pick a bunch more until the tuppaware container was full. Between the deer and the little girls in the area, you have to get up early to get the fat juicy blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment