Saturday, August 22, 2009

Barn Swallows



These two birds hung out on the deck railing for about half an hour yesterday afternoon. They were not freaked out when I went out with the camera to take these pictures and let me get darn close. The babies in the nest up under the roof peak above the deck are getting big and should be flying soon. The mom part of me was saying to myself that these are the parents and were either trying to encourage the little ones to fly or were just enjoying some breathing room not in the nest.

Power went out for about an hour and half last night. After lighting all the candles, I grabbed the ipod and stood on the deck watching the stars overhead. Absolutely magnificent and I almost grabbed both camera manuals to try to figure out how to take a picture but... can't read the fine print by candlelight. One of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment