Saturday, July 12, 2008

Some Humans Ain't Human



John Prine - Some Humans Ain't Human

I've said that if I got moving costs outta the house that I would be lucky. It looks like that is questionable - everyone else has to get paid outta the sales price - I had to give the buyer a $5K credit for repairs based on the reports from the termite and home inspections. Everyone gets more outta this deal than I do. I did everything right which I figured out really means that I get to pay for all the delays and got to have limited control - such as not being allowed to look for anything but a cash buyer for 15 forking months while the forking real estate market forking tanked beyond the toilet and into the sewers. I reduced my price but there were no cash buyers to be found.

Meanwhile, I am accruing penalties and interest on property taxes, am only making a partial mortgage payment so am accruing penalties and interest there and there is always the Homeowners Association dues and penalties - but hey, I'm doing the forking right thing.

Three months after they relented and agreed to financing - bingo, a buyer. Meanwhile, I keep spiraling down a hellhole while getting to pick up the tab for everyone else - ending up with less than 1/10th of what I have put into the little cottage by the creek in the redwoods.

Fuck.

4 comments:

  1. that just plain sux, Suz, some humans ain't human to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kissmekitty and welcome to my place.. usually not so whiney

    ReplyDelete