Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hunkerin Down

Hunker down time here at the little cottage by the creek in the redwoods. A storm is coming in that is expected to bring rain, wind, and snow to the peaks. The weather dude said the snow is forecast for elevations above 2500 feet. I am at 627 feet so I doubt I'll get snow but that is the same weather dude that said the rain earlier this week would stay to the north. Not sure whether or not to trust him - word around town is that snow might be possible down as far as Bonnydoon. It is 47 degrees outside (our high for the day) but the temps are starting to fall as that storm gets closer.

Brought in a bunch of wood last night. Some of it was still damp and I wanted it to dry out some. If I have enough wood inside, then I won't have to go outside during the storm to get more. Still have a good stockpile of D batteries for the portable radio, flashlights and lantern. The wood stove is already burning away and has brought my inside temp up to 53.

Today's picture was taken from the wood bridge, looking downstream. If you look to the left, you can barely see my deck and the slider from my bedroom. Tis a good thing, laying in bed, listening to the creek, watching it storm outside while all hunkered down, warm and dry.

Sloppy Joes on the menu tonight, with a little bit of Italian sausage mixed in. I'm thinking of baking peanut butter cookies - will have to check the pantry because I think I am out of vanilla extract.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Another rainy and green nature post. Very lovely and damp! H&K

    ReplyDelete