Friday, August 04, 2006

From My Front Door


This is the view from my front door. You can see the mighty oak surrounded by ferns and moss covered rocks. There are several small redwoods that have sprouted just on the other side of the oak, with one clearly visible just to the right. The dark thing at the top is the back of the name sign that hung at my father's house. It now hangs here at the little cabin by the creek until it is taken down the day I move. It will be one of the first things I do when I find a place in Oregon, along with hooking up the computer and finding the coffee pot.

This is Bailey. She only agreed to let me take her photo if I did so from a distance. She maintains the front yard patrol, keeping us safe from brazen-hussy squirrels and birds. Luckily, the bird feeder is out of her reach (and leap) so I am still blessed with birds. Haven't seen many squirrels this year and tend to think that it has more to do with the woodpeckers in the oak rather than Bailey's prowess.

You can see The Pink House in the background. It is a small vacation house that has been in the same family since the 50's. The blackberry bush trying to take over the little split rail fence belongs to The Pink House but they don't mind my picking the berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment