Saturday, November 07, 2009

Chicken And Gravy



John Lee Hooker performing Chicken And Gravy at the Montreal Jazz Festival, 1980. Look who's backing him up :)

Been stormy and I've been enjoying it. Tillamook Head (about an hour north of me just south of Seaside) had gusts of 80 mph (as did Lincoln City which is about an hour south of me) but I only got up to an occasional gust of 58 or so. Not as much rain as I thought -- total rainfall to date is 7.58 inches -- was at 7 inches exactly before this series of storms started to move through. Spectacular lightning shows the past couple of nights. I do enjoy living here.

Weather dood is predicting between 20 and 30 inches of snow up on Mt Hood this weekend -- already received 14" up there today. I hear the ski slopes open tomorrow -- not that I ski -- just additional confirmation that I won't be headed up there until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment