Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Carmel By The Sea

Am down in Carmel by the Sea visiting my friend Anne. She is spoiling me rotten and I'm letting her (laughing).

Leaving the little cottage by the creek in the redwoods wasn't as hard as I worried it would be - instead, I found myself crying while saying goodbye to Token, promising him that I would be back down to get him. Bailey the cat refused to come inside last nite and slept outside. She is obviously pissed and I never got to tell her goodbye either.

My odometer hit 104,000 miles when I was at the intersection of Highway 17 and Highway 1 (also known as the fishhook) in Santa Cruz. Will be easy to determine how far I go with an easy to remember number like that. I took it as a good omen.

Am sitting in Anne's studio, watching the Olympics, using wifi (!) . Looking out the window, the street lights are dimmed by the fog. We are not close enough to smell the salt air but I can sure feel it. It seems very appropriate to start my journey at the ocean and ending at the vacation rental just north of Newport and 50 steps to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment