Friday, September 01, 2006

Fall's Comin

There is a chill in the morning air now. The maples are just beginning to change color. I've had the wood stove going several nights this week but the weather dude said this weekend it will warm up. Our daytime temps have been in the 80's but it has dipped down into the low 50's and even a few high 40's at night. Once the sun sets behind the hill, it can get right chilly.

I've rediscovered how wonderful polar fleece is. I set up my sewing machine so N could work on reupholstering chair cushions. Been many years since I have had the urge to quilt but I feel the stirrings. No time for it now.

I'm trying to decide when to head up to Oregon to scout locations (and hopefully find a house to rent). My September deadline is here and I've got to act before the rains get here. I'm going to drive up 101 and give the Newport area a real close look. Also want to check out further north on the coast and then probably come down 5 to check out the Eugene area.


I'll let ya'll know when I do head up there and will be sure to take pictures this time instead of relying on my sometimer's memory. Right now, I'm looking at leaving maybe Thursday of next week but that is only a tentative date. My return is at this point open ended. I could be lucky (yeah right) and find what I am looking for my first day up there. Having been well acquainted with that rat-bastoid cousin Murphy for all of my life, I don't plan on it. Taking a "we shall see" attitude and walking the thin line between low expectations and hope.

I took the pictures of the view across the creek from in between my house and B-man's. So many greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment