Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Honeydew

Crap, I realized I had not posted Jen's baby Julianna size descriptor for week 35 that she had sent me this past Thursday. What with all the excitement and stress of evacuating early Friday morning, I totally spazzed on posting it.

Here it is with my apologies for the delay and, unfortunately no sunset picture to accompany it:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
This coming Thursday, Jen will be 36 weeks and in her final month of pregnancy. Her due date is exactly one month from today!!! I'm hoping to have a wee bit of sunset to go along with the next update later this week.

5 comments:

  1. LoudounLib12:08 AM

    Sneaking in very late, and on the way to bed -- how exciting that Baby Honeydew's appearance is getting so close! Proud grandma Suz must be getting so giddy at the prospect of a new baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ll -- one month from today!!! ohmystars it seems like it was only a couple months ago Jen told me she was pregnant. i am so looking forward to greeting my grandaughter upon her arrival and taking in her cute little rosebud mouth (thank goodness for ultrasound pictures) and counting her 10 little fingers and toes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoudounLib12:17 AM

    Little Julianna is going to be one perfect, pretty baby girl package -- I just know it. Yes, drink it all in, including that sweet baby scent! I miss that so much, but everyone in my family is done having babies. Gotta wait for my niece and nephews a few years down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, only a month! Can't wait to meet her - the sonogram pics don't do her justice. Squee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ll -- new baby smell is wonderful and i'm so looking forward to learning what hers is.

    dana -- i'm gonna be taking pictures... butt loads of pictures is my conservative estimate :)

    ReplyDelete