Friday, September 18, 2009

Post Toofs


Am ok - minus 5 teeth - not 4 - and am thanking the pharma researcher who invented vicodin. Besides the 4 teeth on the upper left, the traveling dentist also took the far back upper right molar since it had an abcess. My dentist (at whose office this was done) only charged me for 4 extractions (he called it a cash discount). He knows I am paying cash, have a fixed income, and have to save up in order to do what needs to be done.

The traveling dentist was very kind and skilled. Other than the extraction of the eye tooth (oy), the entire process was faster and easier than I had dreamed possible. He was funny, and reassuring and now I know that the rest of the extractions (6 to go) will not cause me to be as nervous as I was about these.

Photo is the view of Cape Lookout looking southwest from the deck.

Any and all errors in this post are the fault of the pharmaceutical industry and not the author :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 PM

    Suz, I'm so glad everything went so well. I, too, will take out several moments to cheer Big Pharma (but then it's back to 'spit'). I'm tempted to ask if I may come to live with you -- I can't imagine the joy of living every day in such beautiful surroundings. When I decided to concentrate on something that brought me joy, I chose to focus on the myriad rainbows caused by the several crystals in my west kitchen window. There are days that I don't think that any more rainbows will fit on my refrigerator, walls, and floor. Hey, we find joy where we choose to!
    Ongoing wishes for evolving comfort. Cheers! b

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks b - i'm not spitting so well at the moment (nor is my whistle working).

    sure - think that now that it is summer. wait until it is winter and below freezing outside -- and the inside is heated only with a wood stove. how you feel about dressing in layers? (lmao)

    thanks b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh baby.


    Hugz.

    Knock yerself out.
    More hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks busted. today is better than yesterday which was better than friday for sure :)

    huggies back atcha dood

    ReplyDelete