Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday Sunshine


A bit of fall color as eye candy. Took this just as the early morning sun was hitting the big leaf maple just off my deck. It has been slow to change color but is finally starting to show.

So many of the trees around me are redwoods, which stay green all year. The maples are a real treat to my eye. The yellow and rusts stand out in contrast to green. Some of the local maples turn red but not this one. Since living up here, I really enjoy the changes each season brings. Now that it is getting down to the mid to high 30's at night, Bailey is staying inside more. She spends each night sleeping on top of my bed, even if there are puppies under the covers. When it gets down into the 20's at night, Bailey will get under the covers too. She tends to make sure that I am between her and the puppies, preventing any accidental dog/cat contact while we all hunker down under the down comforters and quilts.

The days are slipping by so fast. Thanksgiving week is upon us. I'll be spending the day next door with Bman and Naomi. Naomi's cooking is always something to give thanks over.

I haven't decided what I'll make for the dinner. I'll have to ask Naomi what she wants me to make. I do make a superb sweet potato or yam casserole, in addition to the baking I do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:07 PM

    I love the pic and the thoughts of Thanksgiving. H&K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanie
    thanks :) am making candied sweet potato casserole. h/k

    ReplyDelete